MacaulayMaps is a new service supplying maps and related publications that are available from The James Hutton Institute. We offer a series of soils maps and climate, forestry and agricultural suitability maps, at various scales.
Maps can be ordered online by clicking "add to cart" next to the chosen product. Maps are paid for using your credit/debit card or PayPal account.
Please note that digital version of the paper maps are not available for download or purchase, however the digital data which forms the map content (eg. Land Capability or Soils data) is available to lease - see www.macaulayscientific.com for more details.
General enquiries are available via e-mail
More information and ordering details are available from: David Donnelly Tel: 01224 395265 or Anne Marsden Tel: 01224 395075.
Click on each category below to view a list of available products.
- Coloured Soil Maps - Scale 1:63360
- Coloured Soil Maps - Scale 1:50000
- Soil Maps Uncoloured - Scale 1:25000 10x10 km
- Soil Maps Uncoloured - Scale 1:25000 20x10 km
- Soil Maps Uncoloured - Scale 1:50000
- Soil Memoirs
- Climate Maps
- Land Capability for Forestry Maps
- Land Capability for Forestry Handbooks
- Land Capability for Forestry Monograph
- Land Capability for Agriculture Maps - Scale 1:50000
- Soil and Land Capability for Agriculture Maps - Scale 1:250000
LCA Maps Coloured 1:50000
These maps cover the principal agricultural areas of Scotland. The sheet lines conform to the Ordnance Survey Landranger series. Sheets are normally supplied folded, but flat maps are available also. An index of the map areas can be found below (click to enlarge).
Price (GBP): 28.80 (includes postage)
|12 Thurso & Wick|
|21 Dornoch Firth|
|30 Fraserburgh & Peterhead|
|57 Stirling and the Trossachs|
|58 Perth & Kinross|
|59 St. Andrews & Kirkcaldy|
|63 Firth of Clyde|
|65 Falkirk & West Lothian|
|67 Duns & Dunbar|
|70 Ayr & Kilmarnock|
|71 Lanark & Upper Nithsdale|
|72 Upper Clyde Valley|
|73 Peebles & Galashiels|
|78 NIthsdale & Lowther Hills|
|82 Stranraer & Glen Luce|
|83 Newton Stewart & Kirkcudbright|
|85 Carlisle & Solway Firth|