Soil Analysis Service
Whether you are a farmer, gardener or groundsman the condition of your soil is critical to successful cultivation.
If you are interested in high quality soil analysis without being sold anything else, you have reached the right site. For the first time in our 70 year history, we have opened up our world class soil analysis laboratories to the public. MacaulaySoils is part of The James Hutton Institute, created in April 2011 by the coming together of the Macaulay Land Use Research Institute and SCRI.
Here you will find all you need to know about MacaulaySoils.com, including the range of properties we test for, how to take a soil sample, as well as a list of what it costs. Our service lets you decide when and where to sample. We supply you with all you need to take a sample and return it to our laboratories for testing. There is no fiddling about with test kits trying to match colour changes, we send you a comprehensive report – including liming and fertilizer recommendations if required – within 10 days.
- Independent - Quality Assured (ISO 17025)
- Fast (within 10 days) - efficient analysis and reporting
- Convenient - you decide when and where to sample
- Online registration - ease of ordering
- Result reports - e-mailed or posted on request
- Comprehensive kit - includes everything required (you supply the spade!)
How to get started
- Request a kit online
- Soil kits can now be paid for online by credit/debit card or your PayPal account
- Should you wish to discuss your requirements further telephone 01224 395115 or e-mail
- We will then send you a sampling kit by return post.
- Follow the instructions in the kit and post your sample(s) back in the pre-paid packaging specifying the analysis you want.
- We will email you a comprehensive report within 10 days of receipt of your sample depending on the analysis requested.
- An invoice for the analysis will be e-mailed with the report as a copy for your records.
MacaulaySoils are pleased to announce an expansion in the range of analytical services provided to our customers; to include, electrical conductivity, elemental and carbon and nitrogen concentrations present in the soil. These analyses can be ordered in conjunction with any described above.
|Analysis||Price (per sample)|
|Total carbon and nitrogen||£17.52|
All costs include VAT (20%).
Postage (within the UK) and Package included.
The James Hutton Institute, formerly the Macaulay Land Use Research Institute, is synonymous with soils, with over 70 years experience of working with soils and farmers, as well as being responsible for the National Soils Database for Scotland.
"Essentially, all life depends upon the soil ... There can be no life without soil and no soil without life; they have evolved together."
Charles E. Kellogg USDA 1938 .